A very continental collection that can't be taken too seriously since there is an ass lurking within. This wall collage depicts Napoleonic officers on horseback, playing in the military band, marching in formation, and one single reclining lady who awaits everyone's return from the battlefield. I think this vignette would be dramatic in a den above a bar cart.
- Block prints, set of three, military officers, vintage, fair condition due to yellowing paper and paint worn from frames (10.25" x 14.25")
- Plate, gold and black painted fleur de lis, used, decorative use only, very good condition (10.5"d)
- Miniature portrait on ivory depicting French military officer, signed by the artist, wood and gold ormolu frame, antique, from the 1800s, papered on the back with a page from a French dictionary that reads 'ASS', excellent condition (4.5" x 5.5")
- Miniature portrait on ivory depicting woman in blue, signed by the artist, framed in wood and gold ormolu, papered on the back with a page from a French book, from the late 1800s, antique very good condition but note the backing that has been cut, (4.5" x 5.5")
- Crown wall sconce, brass, vintage, excellent condition (11" x 5")
Collection as shown measures about 42" across.
Shipping costs are included. Also, please note that everything I sell, and I mean everything, is used, antique, vintage, etc. That means sometimes scratched, dented, and worn. Imperfect. Not dusty, though. Or dirty.