Under cloak of darkness, the owl watches, waits, swoops. Poor Mr. Mouse and Ms. Rabbit. At least they experience the wonderful sensation of flying before they are eaten. To this montage I added the rubber block stamps for their childlike quality. They lend a counterpoint to the truth that nature is wickedly cruel.
I love the pencil drawings in this collection. The simplicity is striking. Obviously, the artist felt a deep affinity for these creatures. And the etching represents the setting where this drama unfolds on a daily basis. The circle of life, for your wall.
- Owl, hardwood, hand-carved, heavy (11.5"h x 6"w x 4"d)
- Original pencil drawing on paper, Mouse, by L. Tishler, framed (7.25" x 7.25")
- Original pencil drawing on paper, Rabbit, by L. Tishler, framed (6" x 6")
- Signed etching of moonrise, E.D. Redway, yellowed (8.25"w x 10"h)
- Word stamps, three, vintage wood, hanging hardware not included
Shipping costs are included. Also, please note that everything I sell, and I mean everything, is used, antique, vintage, etc. That means sometimes scratched, dented, and worn. Imperfect. Not dusty, though. Or dirty.