The centerpiece of this elegant group is an oil portrait of an old man by Italian artist Enrico Frattini. The man's deep laugh lines and gummy grin make him extremely lovable. Plus he's wearing a turquoise vest and a jaunty toque. I haven't named him because then I will get very attached and won't be able to let him go. Okay, that's a lie. I named him Fabio after an Italian man I knew who suffered from a terrible toothache. If you purchase this collection, you are under no obligation to call him Fabio. More about the painting (and Fabio) here.
- Oil on canvas, Enrico Frattini (Italy, 1890-1968), ornate wood frame that covers the last letter of the artist's signature, canvas in excellent condition
- Plate, papier-mâché, vivid colors, vintage, good condition (9"d)
- Carved bowl, wood, red, with scalloped lid, fair condition as one of the scallops has been broken and lost (4.5"d)
- Dove, hand carved, wood, vintage (6.5"l)
- Book, "Idylls of the King" by Alfred Lord Tennyson, copyright 1922, poor condition
- Pair of obelisks, bird's-eye maple, vintage, good condition (4"w x 4"l x 13"h for smaller one and 4"w x 4"l x 18"h for taller one)
- Branch from my garden which I am happy to ship if you like.