A spooky collection of antiquities, ravens, and scary stories for those troubled souls (like me) who prefer their Halloween decor more Edgar Allan Poe than Walgreen's. This collection is so captivating, so utterly sublime that come November 1st, you can pack away the birds and leave everything else just as it is for a year-round dramatic vignette.
- Engraving, early 19th-century, hand-colored, dioramic view of La Chambre des Députés in Paris, titled Vue de la Chambre des Députés Prise du Quai de la Grenouillière, drawn by Courvoisier, engraved by Dubois, published by Chez Basset, Rue St. Jacques, framed in painted glass and black and gold wood frame, good condition with some mold on print and scratches on frame (26"l x 21.75"w).
- Candlesticks, pair, bronze,very heavy, fluted on an oval base, vintage, excellent condition (8.5"h x 3.5"d x 4.5"w)
- Vase, two-handled, brass, filled with dead flowers, vintage, excellent condition (8"h x 6"l x 4"d)
- Perfume bottle and vial with twist-off cap, Baudette's Oregon Myrtle Wood, made in Coos Bay, Oregon, with sticker on the bottom and label on the vial, from the 1950s, excellent condition (4.5"h x 2.25"d)
- Bracket, set of two, black plaster, acanthus leaf pattern, vintage, good condition (9.5"l x 5"h)
- Milk glass pedestal plate, black amethyst diamond-point square, with beaded edge, vintage, excellent condition (7.5"w x 3.5"h)
- Crows, pair, black raffia, new (10"h x 9"l)
- Deer skulls, two, soaked in bleach for weeks
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson, published by Collin's Illustrated Pocket Classics, leather bound, excellent condition (4" x 6")
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, copyright 1940, Garden City Publishing, includes pages with signatures of the author as well as Joan Fontaine and Sir Lawrence Olivier, burgundy cloth with silver band across front. "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again," very good condition (5.5" x 8.25")
- The Works of Washington Irving, published by Longriver Press, 1976, includes The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, cloth cover, good condition (5.5" x 8.25")
- Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen, published by Harrison Smith and Robert Haas, copyright 1934, cloth bound with red binding and corners and beautiful gold embossed cover, with an introduction by the illustrious Dorothy Canfield, excellent condition (5.75" x 8.5")
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Doestoevsky, translation by Princess Alexandra Kropotkin, illustrated by Marian Larer, published by The Literary Guild of America, Inc., copyright 1953, cloth, very good condition (5.75" x 8.5")
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue, Edgar Allan Poe, published by The Reader's League of America, cloth cover, fair condition with water damage on the cover (5.25" x 7.75")
Shipping costs are included. Also, please note that everything I sell, and I mean everything, is used, antique, vintage, etc. That means sometimes scratched, dented, and worn. Imperfect. Not dusty, though. Or dirty.